Safety instructions for Ranum Efterskole College
Safety instructions for maritime and travel activities at Ranum Efterskole.
At Ranum Efterskole we offer a lot of activities on, in and under the water. Safety always comes first and under the links below, you can read more about the different activities and the safety instructions we follow.
Safety instructions for previous trips 2015-16:
- Safety instructions - Street Performance - Berlin
- Safety instruction - Diving - Egypt
- Safety instructions - Dance - London
- Safety instructions - Music - London
- Safety briefing - Philippines - Scuba
Ranum Afterschool's Maritime Safety Documents:
- Information for schools, institutions etc. about sailing with students (pdf)
- Rescue instructions for all maritime activities (pdf)
- Sailing safety instructions canoe and kayak (pdf)
- Sailing safety instructions Roenbjerg Matcher 37 (pdf)
- Sailing safety instructions Roenbjerg Stortriss and Norlin (pdf)
- Safety instructions for wind-/boardsurfing (pdf)
- Safety instructions for sailing in the Mediterranean Sea (pdf)
- Safety instructions for diving activities (pdf)
- Safety instruction for small craft navigation (pdf) New
Further information about safety instructions at sea can be found here:
- The Outdoor Council
- Safe sailing
- After school club - sailing
- Order on small craft carrying up to 12 passengers
Sailing in small sailboats under 20 feet: 6 Stor Triss sailboats have been approved for use as school boats and are unsinkable. They have been tested in the fall of 2011 and again in the spring of 2012. All boats are equipped to be rented out, with all the required security equipment. All students must take a swim test. Preparation for the certificate of competence and lessons in practical sailing.
Sailing in big sailboats over 20 feet. Matcher 37 sailboat equipped with all necessary security equipment and floats. Security instructions and competence plan for instructors.
Instructor competencies: Security instructions about sailing area and season. The instructors at least have certificate of competence and yachtskipper 3 certificate and VHF radio certificate.
External inspection of all maritime equipment and safety instructions. Log book over sailing activities and a list of all crew members on all sailing trips.