Ranum Full Host Package is our package deal for international students, who do not have any ties to- or relations in Denmark. This package includes basically everything the student may need during a year away from his/her home country and be a comfort for parents to know that their child is well cared for during their absence.
School tuition for the academic year 2022/23 at Ranum Efterskole College is 43 weeks x 2600 DKK = 111,800 DKK and includes boarding, meals, tuition, school clothing + backpack. Long weekends and holidays are not included.
The additional costs for international students for the full host package is 65,000 DKK for the academic year and includes:
- International mentor.
- Visa: assistance in relation to the ST1 application process and payment of Case Order Id Fee (currently 2110 DKK) *.
- Health insurance: assistance in relation to applying for the Danish National Health Insurance.
- Costs and arrangements related to transfers and local transport: in relation to travels between the school and the home during the academic year.
- International book package: learners enrolled in the IGCSE or AS programmes must purchase our book package that covers syllabuses in all subjects. This book package has a total value of 1750 DKK.
- Exam fees and certificates: including for subjects such as Diving and Sailing.
- Bed linen and towels: changed every 2 weeks.
- 3 profile/culture travels: primarily in Europe and countries where travels do not exceed a total of 14,000 DKK per year for the 3 travels - granted that learners may achieve Visa.
- 1 Autumn holiday package: may include excursion.
- 1 Christmas holiday package: may include excursion abroad.
- Long weekend packages (Thursday-Sunday/Friday-Monday): may include excursions.
An academic year at Ranum Efterskole College including full boarding and the Host package is 176,800 DKK. Parents are responsible for flight ticket to- and from Denmark, Registration fee 2000 DKK and travel- and Liability insurance. The Danish National Health Insurance and the School's Business Insurance cover all enrolled learners.
*Please note that Case Order Id Fee/Visa is not to be confused with 'Handling Fee' - a fee charged at the Danish Embassy when processing the ST1 application.
Contact the international office for more information: email@example.com or via telephone +45 96 66 44 06. For general administration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 96 66 44 00
Host Families and Holidays
The school will be closed during national holidays and a few long weekends. International learners under the Full Host Package are quaranteed hosting by the school. For international learners who have chosen not to add the Full Host Package, it will be a requirement that the familiy/parents have made arrangements on their own for a Danish Contact or Host family for closed long weekends and holidays. This Contact or Host family must be ready to assume the role and the obligations, we would expect of natural parents. You can read more about the terms and conditions in the info booklet.
Important documents (This also applies for Danish Expat students)