Ranum Full Host Package is our package deal for international students, who do not have any ties to- or relations in Denmark. This package includes basically everything the student may need during a year away from his/her home country and be a comfort for parents to know that their child is well cared for during their absence.
School tuition for the academic year 2023/24 at Ranum Efterskole College is 43 weeks x 2700 DKK = 116,100 DKK and includes boarding, meals, tuition, school clothing + backpack. Long weekends and holidays are not included.
The additional costs for international students for the full host package is 71,220 DKK for the academic year and includes:
- International mentor.
- Visa: assistance in relation to the ST1 application process and payment of Case Order Id Fee.
- Health insurance: assistance in relation to applying for the Danish National Health Insurance.
- Arrival transport from Aalborg airport in relation to first day of school and departure on the last day of school.
- International book package: learners enrolled in the IGCSE or AS programmes must purchase our book package that covers syllabuses in all subjects.
- Exam fees and certificates: including for subjects such as Diving and Sailing.
- Bed linen and towels: changed every 2 weeks.
- 1 Autumn holiday package: include excursion to Hamburg.
- 1 Christmas holiday package: include excursion.
- 1 Easter Holiday package: include excursion to Copenhagen.
- Long weekend packages (Thursday-Sunday/Friday-Monday): include excursions.
An academic year at Ranum Efterskole College including full boarding and the Host package is 187,320 DKK. Parents are responsible for flight ticket to- and from Denmark, Registration fee 2000 DKK and travel- and Liability insurance. Please note that the 3 profile/culture travels are not included and additional expenses in relation to these must be expected. The Danish National Health Insurance and the School's Business Insurance cover all enrolled learners.
*Please note that Case Order Id Fee/Visa is not to be confused with 'Handling Fee' - a fee charged at the Danish Embassy when processing the ST1 application.
Contact the international office for more information: email@example.com or via telephone +45 96 66 44 06. For general administration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 96 66 44 00
Host Families and Holidays
The school will be closed during national holidays. International learners under the Full Host Package are guaranteed hosting by the school for the full year. For international learners who have chosen not to add the Full Host Package, it will be a requirement that the familiy/parents have made arrangements on their own for a Danish Contact or Host family. This Contact or Host family must be ready to assume the role and the obligations, we would expect of natural parents. You can read more about the terms and conditions in the info booklet.
Important documents (This also applies for Danish Expat students)