Culture Subject Trip to Texas
We're going to Texas in an attempt to become the modern cowboy.
Listed are the part of the activities we will go through on the trip:
- Homestay with family in Dallas.
- Visit a ranch where we will go riding.
- We're going to a shooting range and shoot with handguns.
- We're going to the rodeo.
- We're going to see Longhorn cattle.
- Out line dancing at Billy Bob's Honky Tonk.
- On school and university visits.
- Texan barbeque.
- Visit Austin.
- Visit the place where JFK was shot, and the story about it.
All of these experiences speak into the idea of the modern cowboy and what the true Texan culture is.
In the class we will focus on American culture, with a special focus on Texas. Their way of life differs significantly from ours and the contrast strengthens our self-perception.
We will in class and then prepare for the journey through the following:
- Shooting range
- Documentary and podcast about JFK
- Contact will the host family
- General info about Dallas, Austin and Texas
- American cooking
|Kristian Fog Wogensen
Terms and economy
Self-payment on the trip will be approximately 12.500 kr.
Pocket money: App. 1.000 DKK recommended